With spring in the air and warmer weather on the horizon, you may be starting to think about getting air conditioning for your home. This week, Keven discusses AC options for those whose homes do not run on a forced-air system. If you’re also against the clunky look of box window AC units, watch the Dear Keven Letter below to learn about your alternative options.
With summer approaching in the (hopefully) near future, my partner and I are starting to think about getting an air conditioner installed in our condo. Our building runs off of a central boiler and we have baseboard heating, so traditional central AC is not an option for us. I also don’t like the idea of having a clunky AC unit taking up my windows. Do you know of any other options that might be available for us?
Box Window AC Not an Option
Have a question you want answered? Or an HVAC issue that’s plagued you since you’ve moved in? Or some equipment that you’re unfamiliar with? We’d love to hear from you! Submit your Dear Keven letter to email@example.com and it could be featured on one of our Facebook Live videos!
Acclaimed! is proud to announce that we are an Official Top Choice 2018 Nominee. Thank you to all who have taken the time to nominate us! Now, we need your help to WIN! Voting is now open and if you feel that we have earned your vote, we would appreciate you taking the time to vote for us. Winning the Top Choice Award is one of the largest endorsements a business can receive within North America, so this is a BIG deal!
Show us some love by voting for us. Your vote will automatically enter you into a draw for a chance to win $2000 in cash or one of many Toppy T-shirts.
With Email: https://tinyurl.com/
Facebook or Twitter login: https://tinyurl.com/
We would love to win this highly coveted award and we want to continue to serve you every day and provide the best customer experience possible. But we need your help to do so. If you believe we are your Top Choice, why not help us spread the word! Thank you for your time and appreciate your vote!
Air Conditioner Spring Start Up!
With summer around the corner, be sure to do your spring startup before the hot weather comes. This will ensure your air conditioner will be running smoothly when you need it. Steps:
1) MOST IMPORTANT STEP –Turn the power off to your air conditioner
2) Remove the winter cover if you have one – NEVER RUN it with the cover on.
3) Clean the A/C Condenser (big outside unit): clean off the debris of the condenser coils with a shop vacuum. It helps to have a brush or whisk broom too. Once there is no more visible big stuff (ex: leaves), rinse it off with a garden hose. Take care not to bend any of the fins. Look at the inside of the unit. Clear out any leaves or tree needles etc.
4) Inspect the electrical lines and line set for wear. If there are any cracked wires, consult your HVAC contractor. If any of the insulation is missing or cracked, it should be replaced.
5) Furnace filter should be replaced. Make sure you have a clean air filter in your furnace. Even though your furnace is not heating in the summer, your fan is running to push the cool air throughout your home. A plugged furnace filter can cause lots of problems with your furnace and your air conditioner. A dirty filter means the air can not travel through it efficiently. This WILL cause your Air Conditioner to stop working.
4) Turn the power on to your air conditioner.
Please take a look at these before and after photos from one of Ed’s calls, last summer:
No A/C? we have a cheat! By running your furnace fan 24/7, during the summer 2 things happen:
1) the air gets filtered (assuming you have an efficient filter).
2) Cool air in your basement gets circulated to your upper stories if you close off the return air grills upstairs. That is so long you have enough return air openings to the furnace, in the basement.
© 2016 – 2017 Acclaimed! Heating, Cooling and Furnace Cleaning. All Rights Reserved