Canada Greener Homes Grant

Buy Energy Star® Certified Equipment & Save!

The Canada Greener Homes Grants have been launched to help homeowners make their homes more energy-efficient and help fight climate change. There are just a few simple steps to qualify & if you have any questions please contact us for a free residential or commercial quote!

Requirements For The Greener Homes Initiative

  • Complete a pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide Home Energy Evaluation by a Registered Energy Advisor.
  • Complete at least one retrofit that is both eligible and recommended by your energy advisor in their report. Only homeowners who conduct at least one retrofit will be reimbursed.
  • Provide and keep copies of all of your documents until March 31, 2028.
  • All products must be purchased in Canada. Online purchases are only eligible if they are ordered from an online distributor located in Canada

Eligible Property Types

  • Single and semi-detached houses
  • Row housing
  • Townhomes/houses
  • All-season cottages
  • Mobile homes on a permanent foundation
  • Permanently-moored floating homes
  • Mixed use buildings (residential portion only)*
  • Small multi-unit residential building (three storeys or less with a footprint of 600m2 or less)

*Commercial multi-residential units (over 3 storeys or over 600 m2 in footprint) are not eligible homes under the initiative.

Eligible Retrofits And Grant Amounts

As part of the Canada Greener Homes Initiative, you have access to: 

  • Grant from $125 to $5000: To get a part of your costs back for eligible home retrofits.
  • Up to $600: As a maximum contibution toward the total costs of your pre and post- retrofits EnterGuide evaluations
  • Interest-Free Loans Of Up To $40,000 With A Repayment Term Of 10 Years: To help you undertake major home retrofits 

Eligibility Requirements

Eligible homeowners in Canada regardless of where they live, can participate in the initiative. Only one homeowner per home can register.

You will be required to:

  • provide proof of ownership with your property tax bill number (this number can be found on your municipal property documents)
  • demonstrate the property is your primary residence through either a drivers licence or government issued ID (with address), or utility bill

The following groups are also eligible applicants under the initiative*:

  • Indigenous governments or organizations (e.g., band councils, land claim organizations)
  • housing management bodies and other representative or Indigenous service delivery organizations with formal partnerships with Indigenous governments or organizations

*These applicants may be eligible to register multiple homes, including homes that are not the owner’s primary residence. The home registered must be owned by the applicant and be occupied by an Indigenous household.